Held last night in San Jose, in the United States, WEC-43 had the participation of two Brazilians at the show. Without knowing what it's like to lose for eight fights, Wagnney Fabiano faced the undefeated Mackens Semerzier. A Nova União black belt, Wagnney soon took the fight to the ground, but was surprised by a tight triangle choke just over two minutes into the fight, suffering the best submission of the night, according to the promoters. Rafael Assunção won his sixth consecutive victory by overcoming Yves Jabouin in a split decision from the judges, after dominating the final rounds.
In the main fight of the night, Benson Henderson defeated Donald Cerrone in a great fight, being decided only on the judges' scorecard, with the result, Henderson is the organization's new interim lightweight champion. Check out the other results:
– Benson Henderson defeated Donald Cerrone in the unanimous decision of the judges;
– Dave Jansen defeated Rich Crunkilton via unanimous decision by the judges;
– Rafael Assunção defeated Yves Jabouin in a split decision by the judges;
– Damacio Page submitted Will Campuzano with a rear naked choke 1min02s into R1;
– Anthony Njokuani defeated Muhsin Corbbrey by technical knockout at 1min42s of R1;
– Scott Jorgensen defeated Noah Thomas by technical knockout at 3min13s of R1;
– Semerzier submitted Wagnney Fabiano with a triangle 2min14s from R1;
– Deividas Taurosevicius defeated Javier Vazquez in a split decision by the judges;
– Charlie Valencia defeated Coty Wheeler by unanimous decision of the judges;
- Eddie Wineland defeated Manny Tapia via unanimous decision.