The WEC-40 recently ended in Chicago, in the United States. Once again, Brazilian athletes put on a show at the American event. On the preliminary card, Rafael Dias He recovered from the defeat he suffered in his debut on the show, and won Brazil's first victory by defeating Mike Budnik in a unanimous decision by the judges. Rani Yaya scored another WEC triumph by submitting the former champion Eddie Wineland, with a rear naked choke in the first round. In the Tupiniquim duel, Wagnney fabiano overcame fredson paixao in the unanimous decision of the referees.
On the main card, Rafael Assunção debuted on the right foot at the event. After three rounds, the Brazilian defeated Jameel Massouh in a unanimous decision by the judges.
In the main fight of the night, Miguel Torres successfully defended his featherweight belt by defeating Takeya Mizugaki via referee decision. With a striking show on both sides, the fight was electrifying for 25 minutes, where the Carlson Gracie student retained his title. Check out the full results:
– Miguel Torres defeated Takeya Mizugaki via unanimous decision by the judges;
- Joseph Benavidez defeated Jeff Curran via unanimous decision;
- Ben henderson defeated Shane Roller by technical knockout at 1min41s of R1;
– Rafael Assunção defeated Jameel Massouh in a unanimous decision by the judges;
– Anthony Njokuani defeated Bart Palaszewski by technical knockout 27s into R2;
- Dominick Cruz defeated Ivan Lopez by unanimous decision of the judges;
– Wagnney Fabiano defeated Frédson Paixão in a unanimous decision by the judges;
- Rani Yaya finished Eddie Wineland with a rear naked choke at 1min27s of R1;
– Akitoshi Tamura defeated Manny Tapia by unanimous decision of the judges;
– Rafael Dias defeated Mike Budnik via unanimous decision by the judges.